Turn Goal Setting into Goal Achieving in 2012
This inspirational talk by one of the best motivational speakers in the field of time management training will show you that no matter how tough things may have been in the past, you have a spotless future. As you wake up to this bright new day, the canvas of your life is blank. This new beautiful day offers you an opportunity to begin painting any picture you want for your future. Anything that may have happened in your past does not equal what you can make happen in your future. You have the choice today to press the reset button and to make the few small shifts necessary to completely change your life.
Have you got the passion and desire to make a few fundamental changes to your life, which will help you to radically redesign your future, because if you choose not to make these few small changes and you continue down the path you are now on, something amazing will happen; NOTHING!!! It is most certainly possible to make 2012 your year for achieving all your goals, where you can finally deliver on the promises you have been making to yourself for the past few years. 2012 can finally be that year where you do not only set goals, but your year, where you actually get to achieve them too.
I have invested many hours during 2011 refining, analysing and honing my own practices and processes around goal setting and explored all the options that have delivered the best returns this year. I want to offer these to you here in a simple point form for easy reference and to help you to apply these in your life next year. None of the ideas I present to you below are difficult, complicated or even unknown to you, they are all common sense ideas, which if applied consistently during 2012, will completely change your life.
There are only three new foundational habits you need to develop and apply in your life in 2012 that will completely change how next year will turn out.
- You need to ensure that you make time to carry out your goal achieving activities every day. (Meet Your Future Today)
- You must have a system to help you turn activity into a success habit routine. (Code of Personal Achievement)
- You must measure your progress daily. (Performance Management System)
Meet your Future Today
After attending this presentation by one of the most informative and entertaining motivational speakers in South Africa, you will be equipped to make sure that you have time to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals, by scheduling time every day into your dairy, to carry out the activities necessary to turn your goal setting activities into goal achievement. This is done once a week, where you sit and make fixed appointments every day with YOUR FUTURE.
These are inflexible appointments that can only be rescheduled in the case of an extreme emergency. During these appointments you give 100 % of your energy to carry out the goal achievement activities, you have chosen to carry out during that time.
- Your mobile phone is off
- Your door is closed and nothing can disturb you.
- Nothing short of a real emergency will cause you to reschedule this meeting. Threat these appointments as more important than a meeting with your most important customer, because they are.
Meeting your future is the time that you invest into carrying out the activities,which will create the future you desire. What could be more important than that?
Code of Personal Achievement
This is simply a commitment you make with yourself to discover three to five new behaviours, which are aligned with the goals that you want to achieve. You then use your willpower daily to carry out these new behaviours, until after about 90 days these new behaviours are entrenched.
For example: if you are a salesperson and you want to grow your sales, then you would choose new behaviours like:
- Prospecting three new clients every day
- Communicating and connecting with 15 people every week via social media or other electronic media.
- Meeting face to face with three important people for lunch or for tea each week
- Giving one gift a week to someone that you have identified as important. This gift is given with no expectations of getting anything in return.
At first these new behaviours will take effort and need a lot of willpower to carry out? After about 90 days, these new habits will be entrenched and you will carry them out without even thinking about it. Every ninety days you will introduce an additional 3 to 5 new commitments or codes. At the end of the year you will have between 12 and 20 new success habits, which will contribute to your long term sustainable success and long term super achievement.
Performance Management system
When you are setting your goals it is crucial that you build measurement criterion into the planning process.
For example: If you want to increase your sales by 10 % next year.
- Then you need to quantify exactly how much that will be and then break that number back into monthly , weekly and even daily goals.
- You then need to regularly measure your performance against these outcomes.
- If you are achieving the results you want, then keep doing what you are doing.
- If you are consistently falling short of expectations, then it is crucial to take corrective action as soon as possible.
- Look at the actions you are taking and have the foresight and courage to change and improve the actions you take.
Follow a cycle of PLAN, Do, REVIEW and IMPROVE throughout the year and you will have a simple system for supporting your goal of super achievement in 2012.
Author: Andrew Horton Motivational Speakers