Great Preparation Makes Success Permanent
Great Preparation Makes Success Permanent
Success seldom, if ever arrives unannounced on your doorstep and breaks down your door, demanding that you accept it. Long term sustainable success, is the result of investing energy into creating a process, which starts with desire, is turned into possibility through planning and design and then made real through consistent effort and daily discipline. Stop looking for shortcuts and ways to circumvent this simple law, accept that success is the result of preparation and consistent effort and you will have discovered the key to unlimited achievement.
This presentation by one of the best motivational speakers in the field of time management will show you that preparation is an integral part of our lives and a crucial part of any success journey. We spend an inordinate time in preparation during our formative years. We invest a good chunk of our lives simply getting ready.
- The first six years of our lives is spent getting ready to start our formal school education.
- We then spend a further seven years, in primary school, getting ready to tackle high school
- Another five years is spent, getting ready for college or university.
- We then spend another three to ten years at college or university, just learning, preparing and getting ready.
We spend between 21 and 28 years preparing for life, but unfortunately this seldom prepares us to live according to our vision or purpose or to achieve the goals that will allow us to live a life of meaning and fulfillment. I want to offer you some tips and ideas to help you prepare for success, so that you can unearth your greatest dreams, desires and potential and turn them into your reality. My goal with these articles is to offer you a set of tools that will help you to accelerate your success and guide you to become a super achiever.
What does Success Mean to You?
After attending this presentation by one of the best motivational speakers in South Africa, you will know the place I want you to start is to first discover what success really means to you. Invest time to discover this crucial step in the success process. Society puts huge pressure on us to perform in certain ways; our parents pressure us to adopt their standards regarding happiness and success. We look around our environment and we see people enjoying their unique version of what happiness and success means to them and we mistakenly believe the same thing will bring us fulfillment These unrealistic expectations about what success and happiness really mean to us, causes us to live a false life that feels empty and devoid of happiness.
When we are living in this modality, where we are often living a false life that is not optimal or even of our choosing, we can never find happiness. We are merely living an illusion, a life we unconsciously stumbled into because we believed our parents, peers or society’s concept of success and happiness was what we really wanted. No one can ever find true and lasting happiness, until they define what success and happiness really means to them and then they go about the business of bringing just that into their lives.
Action Idea: Andrew is one of the top motivational speakers in the field of time management training, he will show you how to invest some solo time into discovering what success really means to you and your unique circumstances by answering these questions below:.
- Have you ever discovered what success and true happiness means to you?
- Do you know what need to happen before you believe you are successful?
- What will your life look like when you are happy and successful?
- What will you be doing, experiencing and what will you be?
Now take this information and convert it into your success formula
- Now that you have made time to sit back and decide what success really means to you. You will no longer be chasing after something that you may not even want. Does “success” mean fame and fortune to you or is it simply the freedom to spend time with the people that matter most in your life? Discovering what success really means to you is a really liberating moment and ensures that you are working toward what you really want, rather than an illusion of what you think you want.
- Believe in yourself and dare to dream. See the possibilities that abound all around and allow yourself to have huge expectations that are aligned with your unique concept of what “success really means to you”
- Keep investing in your personal growth and keep preparing for the opportunities that are going to cross your path. As Oprah says’ “Success is when opportunity meets preparation”. We all have many opportunities cross our paths, throughout our lives. Make sure that you are investing enough time and resources, into your personal growth, so that you are adequately prepared when the next one comes your way, or better still, when you manufacture the next opportunity, which will completely change your life
- Stop pursuing success and shift your mind away from “how can I get it?” and start asking yourself the question “What do I have to become to attract or deserve the type of success I desire?” This shift sees you invest your resources into becoming more and thereby attracting everything you desire into your life. Become a great steward of your existing talents and skills and invest energy into growing these into the skill and knowledge base you need to achieve everything you desire.
- Allow yourself to break free from your trained expectation that all progress must be linear in nature. Stop thinking that you are only warming up for the success that it is coming, start living every moment as part of the journey and allow yourself to enjoy every step in the process. Everything that comes your way is “ON” the way to the success you desire. Nothing you encounter is ever “IN” the way.
- Always give 100 %. If you are resting give yourself completely to rest. If you are working or learning new skills, then give 100 % to that. Giving 100 % commitment and effort, striving to be your best all the time is crucial when you want to succeed. Note I said give your best, not be the best.
- Align you private and public persona’s, strive to always be authentic and show the world your true self. Always strive to project your true values and show integrity in all dealings with others.
This presentation by one of the most inspiring, entertaining and informative motivational speakers in the field of time management training will encourage you to keep preparing and expect the universe to show up with new opportunities at any time. Opportunities, connections with the right people and happy coincidences can happen in an instant, so invest time, energy and resources into preparing for the opportunities and success you deserve
Author: Andrew Horton Motivational Speakers