Stress Management – Understand Stress and How to Cope
Great Motivational Speakers South Africa
Understand Stress and Develop Coping Mechanisms
This Intervention on Understanding Stress and Making Positive Life Changes to Better Cope with Stress is for:
- People that are struggling to understand why they are feeling drained and tired every day because of the way stress is affecting their lives.
- People that are feeling overwhelmed by the stress they experience every day.
- People that want to learn how to improve their performance and develop coping mechanisms to deal with stress
- People that want to understand change and use this understanding to manage the stress these constant changes cause in our lives.
- People that want to become more effective, efficient and maximize the quality and quantity of work they are able to get done each day.
- People that want to learn how to manage and cope with stress, so that they can free up time to invest into creating a better balance between family, work and own interests.
I am a behavioural expert, and at present I am completing my PHD in behavioural management. I specialise in approaching stress from a behavioural perspective. I guide the people, who attend my stress management workshop to firstly get clarity, i.e. to develop a crystal clear picture of where they want their lives or businesses to go in the future. This allows them to change the way they view events which occur in their lives. Before they have a vision for the future, they have a very narrow view of the future and as such, view everything as being in their way. This then drives them to look for ways to get through their day, week or month. As you can imagine this way of looking at everything in your life or business, causes a huge amount of stress.
The simple shift, when people make the shift to a place where they are clear on what they want in their future. The same events which were in their way before they got clarity and was causing stress, almost instantly change. They then start to see the same events, as being on their way to the future they desire. This crucial shift allows them to view the same events positively. The same things, which caused them stress before, now change into something positive, something they can actually get something benefit from. When people change the way they look at things, the things they look at will change. This small, yet crucial shift is one of the small shifts all attendees will be guided to make. This small shift alone will result in a significant reduction in the stress levels felt by everyone who attends this workshop.
After attending this workshop, you will also discover and understand the reality of the new and constantly changing world we live in. The increased demands placed on us and the resultant stress this causes in our lives. The most important result that will come from this workshop is the new skill set and mind-set, which will help you to apply coping mechanisms that will help you to see the same situation from a different perspective.
Our aim in this workshop is to also equip all attendees with a simple system to alter the way they currently view stress causing events; this will help them to cope far better with the stress they encounter each day. But more importantly, they will be guided and taught a few practical tools on how to see the same situation, which caused you stress before very differently. This crucial shift will allow them to return to circumstances, which are difficult or impossible to change with a new mind-set. This new coping mechanism will allow them to cope with situations that caused them stress before by teaching them a few coping mechanisms and tools that will allow them to not be stressed by things over which they have very little or no control.
It would be naive to say that things have not changed in our environment; we are most certainly facing tougher, or should I say different conditions, than we have faced in the past. The reality of these uncertain times though, is that they are here to stay. I believe that this is how normal will feel and be in the future. The easy times of the early 2000’s will never exist in the same form ever again. This constant change and the increased workload and demands we face every day have become huge stressors in our lives.
Yes we live in a world of cycles where there are always periods of easy abundance, followed by periods where abundance exists, but we need to be more innovative and creative to discover and exploit the abundance that abounds. The rapid rate of change has forever changed the landscape of our lives and uncertainty and constant and rapid change is now just how things are and will be for the foreseeable future. This workshop will guide all participants to make the shift from a place of stress to a place of understanding and coping.
These times of constant change are in fact still filled with incredible opportunities, we just need to look for and discover them a little differently. It is time to fasten your mental and spiritual seat belts and to accept that the way you have done things until now, is no longer going to work the same in the future. If you want to reach the next level of accomplishment in your personal life or business, you must become a champion of change, manage stress and be able to adapt to and utilise change as your new ally.
What is this Process About?
What Elements do we explore?:
- What is causing me Stress?
- Is my stress level justified?
- What has changed or is changing around me?
- How can I use this change to my advantage?
- Have I changed?
- Coping with Stress – change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
- What do I need to change or improve about myself?
- Activity Management – We will guide you to manage your activities within these changing times and show you how to leverage the maximum from you unique circumstances.
- Energy Management – We will help you to understand stress, and to manage your unique form of stress so that you maximize your energy and get the most from your day.
- Self-Management – You will learn to understand stress and be guided to create new routines that you will over time convert these into your success habit set.
- Effective Planning – We will guide you to accept and use change to stimulate effective work habits, through focus and planning.
You will be guided to create a set of new success routines, which you can act on daily. These new routines will help you to gain the maximum benefit from your life, so that you can begin to use all the change in your life to your advantage. You will leave with a comprehensive set of guidelines, which will help you to understand and utilise these rapidly changing times we live in to your advantage and a comprehensive set of guidelines for coping with stress.
This Stress Management intervention will guide you to gradually introduce new skills to limit the effect of daily stress and maximize your understanding of and use of the constant change in your life and workplace, to unlock opportunities and create the success you desire?
This workshop can be delivered in an abridged format as a half day workshop, full day workshop or as a two day practical workshop that is packed with application and involved participation.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of leadership and all team members in your organization and can be tailored to suite the unique needs of your team or organization.
We are what we repeatedly do, excellence is not an act, it is a habit.
How will the process and Stress Management Workshop work and what formats will the program follow?
This Stress management workshop is designed to be learnt during either:
Half Day Workshop
This is an introductory workshop, where participants are introduced to all the tools and concepts necessary to manage stress and understand change and how to use this as a success tool.
Full Day Workshop
Participants attend a full day workshop where they are taught how to use and apply all the tools and techniques necessary to create a system to manage stress and utilise change as a powerful success tool. They leave with a functional system to use immediately in their lives and businesses.
Two Day Workshop
This two day practical hands on workshop is designed to teach all participants everything they would learn at the full day workshop, with the addition of a full day of practical application, which leaves everyone with a practical effective change and stress management system to suit their unique circumstances.
What process will the workshop follow?
This program is all about application and is designed to offer constant reminders to apply the various tools and techniques in your daily routine. This program is only of any value if you commit to make the techniques an integral part of your new success habit set.
- A daily inspirational message is sent to each person that attends this workshop. This is an opt-in system that delivers an inspirational message right into the email of everyone that signs up on Andrew’s website. The inspiration or motivation very quickly fades after attending an inspirational talk. This daily inspirational message is designed to help maintain the momentum created by the presentation.
- A Positive Affirmation CD. This CD is an audio recording containing positive affirmations. This resource is used daily to create a positive start to every day and helps to remove those nagging negative thoughts that flow so freely through our minds every day. When used consistently this CD will give you a positive start to every day and set the tone for an amazing day.
- Two audio recordings detailing the concepts that are highlighted during the presentation. These CD’s serve as a reminder after the event, to help people stay on track and serve as another source of positive information to keep people on track.
- A DVD recording, containing positive statements and affirmations. This resource is designed to serve as a visual reminder to stay on track. It is commonly believed that a picture paints a thousand words. This DVD most certainly can be a powerful motivator and will empower you on those days when you feel uninspired or down.
My no. 1 goal during this workshop is:
- To ignite magic in each audience member, to connect with them, so that I can help them to renew their vision, discover a lost belief or even birth a new one.
- To create a spark in as many people in the audience as possible or to inspire them to take action so they can achieve exactly, what they desire!