Team Building Activities – Building Dream Teams
Creating a Culture, that is more than just work
I am a behavioural shift expert, and at present I am completing my PHD in behavioural Science. I specialise in approaching team motivation from a behavioural perspective. I guide the people, who attend my team motivational training workshops to make a few crucial but subtle shifts to their behaviour.
This process is achieved in a fun, motivational and exciting way, where all team members are encouraged to participate and enjoy the processes. There is plenty of interaction and fun, throughout the day, but we never lose sight of the underlying goal of getting all attendees to understand the team or corporate vision and then to embrace their role to deliver the vision for the team or organisation.
This Motivational, Team Development Workshop is for:
- People that are frustrated with divergent management styles and differing expectations, due changes in their working environment.
- People that want to become more effective leaders and productive members of a supportive team, so that they can get the most from their work environment and enjoy what they do.
- People that want to optimise the quality and quantity of work they are able to do within their teams every day.
- Are your team members feeling like they are stuck in a pinball machine, where they feel like they are juggling the demands of their current circumstances, but they feel like they are constantly getting bumped around and never seem to get any time to focus on improving themselves and developing their team dynamic and support of each other? In fact they are so tired of getting bumped around, they feel like this is just the way things are and nothing is going to change. They feel like their lives and jobs are just an endless cycle of jumping onto the hamster wheel every day, spinning their wheels, working themselves to the bone and achieving nothing meaningful.
This workshop will help all attendees to “Create a Culture, which is More than Work”. It is focused on teaching everyone that attends new skills, habits, routines and is carefully designed to ensure that there is a significant transfer of knowledge to all attendees; throughout the workshop. This workshop is very energetic and entertaining, yet manages to still offer everyone a valuable set of tools and techniques that are simple and effective, simple to use and effective when applied.
“Creating a Culture, which is More than just work”, is designed to allow your team members to make the shift from a place where they view everything in their lives and careers as being “IN” their way and they just want to find ways to get “THROUGH” their day, week and life. This workshop will provide them with tools and techniques to help them understand their personal vision and that of their team.
They are guided to use their vision as the focal point and to make the shift to a place where, instead of seeing things as being in their way, they now see everything as being “ON” their way. This shift of focus sees team members look at the same circumstances every day from a different perspective, they now see everything as potential contributors to their journey and they look to see what they can get “FROM” everything that comes their way.
This team development workshop is designed to highlight the importance of recognizing the individuals in each of your teams, as the most valuable assets your company has. We show you how to realize the greatest value from each team member, by investing energy into converting them into passionate and productive contributors, who add value to your team’s business synergy.
When you are working with passionate, productive, driven people that are working toward a common objective and vision, you have the makings of a “DREAM TEAM”. Each member of the “DREAM TEAM” does not only become a powerful contributor to the overall success of the team, but also gets to really enjoy what they do, thereby gaining richer and deeper career satisfaction along the way.
To leverage the maximum benefit from everyone in your team, you need to become “QUALIFIED” to lead them. This means that each team leader needs to be an example of the productivity, passion and results they want their teams to realize. This process is extensively covered in our leadership training series.
The workshop will focus on the following areas as listed below:
This team development workshop will highlight that there are only a few fundamentals for “Creating a Culture that is more than just work”. The objective of this workshop is to highlight the importance for all team members have real trust in each other; have a common vision, and a willingness to engage in meaningful planning practices, constantly measure their performance and understand their individual responsibilities to the team’s collective implementation activities.
Our Team Development Program will teach your team:
- Meaningful team support skills
- The importance of effective communication
- Enhanced Listening skills
- Understanding how divergent cultural differences and programming can affect performance.
- How to supporting team members with integrity
- Building solid connection, meaningful relationships and lasting alliances
- Flexibility in understanding the unique needs of each individual
- Building and sustaining trust between team members
- Communicating and understand the vision of the organisation
- Understanding the importance of planning, implementation and mutually beneficial support for each other.
- Performance measurement
- Understanding individual responsibilities toward the collective implementation strategies.
Full day workshop
Participants attend a full day workshop where they are taught how to use and apply all the tools and techniques necessary to become effective and supportive team members. They learn the art co-operation and support, and how to use this to unlock the best in themselves and fellow team members. (This process can be facilitated within the five hours as per your request)
Two Day Workshop
This two day practical hands on workshop is designed to teach all participants everything they would learn at the full day workshop, with the addition of a full day of practical application, which leaves everyone with a practical team support system to suit their unique circumstances.
Building dream teams starts with understanding cultural differences and programming and how to work with and rather than against the natural way we are programmed.
- A daily inspirational message is sent to each person that attends this workshop. This is an opt-in system that delivers an inspirational message right into the email of everyone that signs up on Andrews’s website. The inspiration or motivation very quickly fades after attending an inspirational talk. This daily inspirational message is designed to help maintain the momentum created by the presentation.
- A Positive Affirmation CD. This CD is an audio recording containing positive affirmations. This resource is used daily to create a positive start to every day and helps to remove those nagging negative thoughts that flow so freely through our minds every day. When used consistently this CD will give you a positive start to every day and set the tone for an amazing day.
- Two audio recordings detailing the concepts that are highlighted during the workshop. These CD’s serve as a reminder after the event, to help people stay on track and serve as another source of positive information to keep people on track.
- A DVD recording, containing positive statements and affirmations. This resource is designed to serve as a visual reminder to stay on track. It is commonly believed that a picture paints a thousand words. This DVD most certainly can be a powerful motivator and will empower you on those days when you feel uninspired or down.
My no. 1 goal during this workshop is:
- To ignite magic in each audience member, to connect with them, so that I can help them to renew their vision, discover a lost belief or even birth a new one.
- To create a spark in as many people in the audience as possible or to inspire them to take action so they can achieve exactly, what they desire!
My relaxed and humorous style ensures that my message is remembered long after the workshop is over
Trust, Vision, Plan, Do, Review and Improve
This team building intervention will highlight that there are only a few fundamentals for building effective “Dream Teams”. All team members must have real trust in each other; they must have a common vision, engage in meaningful planning practices, constantly measure their performance and understand their individual responsibilities to the team’s collective implementation activities.
Trust is always conditional and real trust takes a long time to build, but as you know trust can be destroyed in seconds. This team building intervention will show you that building a dream team requires that you start to build the fundamentals of trust as listed below, between all team members.
- They must quickly realize that each team member will not put their own self interest ahead of the needs of the team.
- Each team member must be able to trust everyone within their team to behave within the bounds of social norms.
- They must be able to trust each team member to deliver their fair share, so that the team can achieve its goals.
- Every team member must know that each team member will only act with integrity at all times.
- Each team member must know that their leadership will always act in their best interests.
- Everyone within the team must trust that every other team member will always try to perform at their best.
This team building intervention will show you that trust is built between team members by observation and by taking personal responsibility for delivering on your commitments. As team members continually experience positive results and see the integrity within the team, the level of trust will grow and results will improve daily.
This team building intervention highlights the fact that your vision and values within your teams, defines the why behind everything they do and forms the foundation for what they can achieve as a team. The time invested in discovering and defining the vision for your team and defining the teams values will most certainly be worth the effort. When the team has a clearly defined vision, all team members are actions are aligned and their efforts are very focused.
Don’t you think it is time for you to invest the effort into converting the outcomes you want for your team into a real vision for your future? The outcomes you want to achieve with your team are nothing more than pipe dreams, until you have a clear vision. A vision is something concrete; you can act upon, set goals around and actually use to guide the efforts of each team member.
This talk will show you how to define, describe and utilize your vision to create the success you desire.
Plan, Do, Review and Improve
Invest time to build a plan i.e. set realistic goals for your teams for the next year. This plan must include strategies to improve, grow and develop new skills and knowledge for each team member so that you consistently see every team member grow and improve. It must also include measurement criterion to regularly measure your progress.
No plan is of any value unless you commit to take consistent daily action to realize your plan.
History serves one purpose and that is one of learning. Review your progress, errors and challenges from the past year and look for ways to avoid repeating them in the future. Take a really good look at things; examine all the things that worked and the things that didn’t.
Explore all your behaviors, habits and disciplines, of each team member and the actions they have taken. See which are working and which aren’t. Learn the lessons this information offers and schedule the necessary improvements so that you will triumph the next day, week or year.
Constantly review how you do
Take a look every day and assess if the actions you are taking are delivering the desired results. Every week take a more detailed look at the actions you are taking and ensure that they are aligned with the outcomes you are trying to achieve within your teams.
When you review the actions of each team member and they are not delivering the desired results, improve and change them until they do.
This is a really simple process for long term sustainable success. Your biggest challenge is that as simple as it is to do, so easy is it not to do. Carry out the daily actions with conviction and stay disciplined, the rewards are worth the effort. Your team will benefit from participating in this team building program that Andrew has created.