Time Management Activities – If this is no Secret, why do so few people use it wisely?
If this is no Secret, why do so few people use it wisely?
Irrespective how clever, rich or talented you are, there is one thing we all receive exactly the same amount of each day. The way we choose to manage this scarce resource, is the single most important factor, which determines how things turn out in our lives. Choose to squander yours and you will live a life of average, choose to carefully invest your available TIME into only priority activities, which are aligned with the outcomes you want to achieve and you have mastered your life. All the possibilities you have dreamed about, open up for you and you unlock the path to your full potential.
No matter whom you are, where you live or what you do, we all have 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days in a year. All you get to do is decide how you are going to invest yours. The scarcity of time makes this your most valuable possession. You can make more money, at any time during your life, but you can never ever make more time available. The way you choose to manage your available time is the one factor that will separate you from the average and thrust you into the realm of the super achiever. The clock just keeps ticking and the planet keeps spinning, it is all up to you how you choose to use your time.
- You can never save time; you can only choose to waste it or invest it wisely. Once each day has passed it is gone forever.
- You can never manage the passing of time; you can only ever manage your activities with-in your available time. Time management is really about self-discipline and self-management.
- Time management is about learning skills that will enhance your ability to manage your energy. Time invested into improving your health and level of fitness will most certainly improve your ability to utilise your time more efficiently
- Effective time management is about understanding efficiency i.e. ensuring that you are taking the right activities, which will deliver the outcomes you want. There is no point having incredible energy, becoming really efficient with your use your time, if you are taking the wrong actions.
- Identify your strengths and ensure that you use these every day, to move you toward the outcomes you desire
- Focus your time, energy and effective activities on things that inspire you.
The greatest secret to make the most effective and efficient use of your available time is to invest as much time as possible into things that inspire and excite you and give you energy and to guard against things that sap your energy. It is crucial that you eliminate, delegate or mitigate all the things in your life that drain you or do not inspire you. Continual examine your use of time and try to make the most effective use of your energy.
Stop wasting time any longer and make a commitment to your future. Invest time now into ensuring that you are indeed allocating this limited resource the best way possible every day. As you go through your day you are trading your time for something:
- Your time for money
- Time with your family for time at work
- Time for improving your health by working out, for time on the couch watching tv
- Time today, for creating a better future for you and your family.
The way your life will turn out will be based on how wisely you choose to make these trades. The secret to make this work out best for you is to always commit to prioritise your activities and to ensure that what you are doing is aligned with your vision and values. Look at how you are trading your time right now, is it aligned with your current vision and values? Is every hour you spend each day, the best possible use of your time right now? If you answered no to either of these questions, it is time to take stock of your life and to have the courage to make some crucial, positive changes to the way you use your time.
I am sure you already feel overwhelmed by the apparent shortage of time in your day right now. The only way to wrestle back control of your life and to get more time is to conduct an honest self-audit of how you are using your time right now. Examine everything you are doing and ruthlessly eliminate all the unnecessary time wasters form your day. Commit to take control and focus all your efforts on the most important areas of your life only. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. Poor people invest their most limited resource, namely time, to save an unlimited resource, namely money. Rich people invest money, which can be made at any time, to save their scarcest resource, namely their time.
Andrew is one of the top Inspirational Speakers in the field of Time Management Activities who believes that you should rather pay someone to do the things you are wasting your time on right now, so that you can free up your time to carry out the most important tasks in your life every day. When you focus your energy on only doing things that is aligned with your strengths and that inspire you, your whole life will change and you will immediately improve your effectiveness and efficiency. Stop wasting another minute of your valuable time.
Author: Andrew Horton Time Management Activities