Stop sabotaging your success
Are you sabotaging your potential, because you are afraid of success or worse, you have never taken the time to find out what success really means to you? Don’t be too hasty to answer this question. I see people all around me all the time that have incredible skill and ability, but they remain trapped in unfulfilling lives with no meaning. Allow yourself to open your mind and to dream once again, to allow yourself to have huge expectations and to see all the possibilities that are available to you. Prepare your mind to become massively successful.
This is best achieved if you follow this simple formula:
1) Make time to sit back and decide what success means to you. Until you know what success really means to you specifically, you will be chasing after something that you may not even want. Does “success” mean fame and fortune to you or is it simply the freedom to spend time with the people that matter most in your life?
2) Believe in yourself and dare to dream. See the possibilities that abound all around and allow yourself to have huge expectations that are aligned with your unique concept of what “success” means to you.
3) Keep investing in your personal growth and keep preparing for the opportunities that are going to cross your path. As Oprah says’ “Success is when opportunity meets preparation”. We all have many opportunities cross our paths, throughout our lives. Make sure that you are investing enough time and resources, into your personal growth, so that you are adequately prepared when the next one comes your way.
4) Stop pursuing success and shift your mind away from “how can I get it?” and start asking yourself the question “What do I have to become to attract or deserve the type of success I desire?” This shift sees you invest your resources into becoming more and thereby attracting everything you desire into your life. Become a great steward of your existing talents and skills and invest energy into growing these into the skill and knowledge base you need to achieve everything you desire.
5) Allow yourself to break free from your trained expectation that all progress must be linear in nature. Stop thinking that you are only warming up for the success that it is coming, start living every moment as part of the journey and allow yourself to enjoy every step in the process. Everything that comes your way is on the way to the success you desire. Nothing you encounter is ever in the way.
6) Always give 100 %. If you are resting give yourself completely to rest. If you are working or learning new skills, then give 100 % to that. Giving 100 % commitment and effort, striving to be your best all the time is crucial when you want to succeed. Note I said give your best, not be the best.
7) Align you private and public personas, strive to always be authentic and show the world your true self. Always strive to project your true values and show integrity in all dealings with others.
Keep preparing and expect the universe to show up with new opportunities at any time. Opportunities, connections with the right people and happy coincidences can happen in an instant, so invest time, energy and resources into preparing for the opportunities and success you deserve.