Time is precious and I am sure that no one knows that better than you. I am offering a few tips on how to manage your time and energy to get more out of your time every day. You cannot create more time in your day, you can only allocate the available time more effectively. You will only become really effective when you create a system that reminds you when tasks need to be completed and one that is measurable and can also serve as a means for making you accountable. This is where a time and energy management system comes into its own.
Most successful people I know create superior results yet still maintain a balance among work, family, and recreation in their lives.
Forward planning allows you to seldom react to the events of the moment and avoids the necessity of using your memory to meet commitments. A blunt pencil is far better at remembering things, than the sharpest memory. Your system must asses how you wish to allocate your time, toward achieving your daily tasks, it helps you to think further ahead and thus avoid wasting time on crisis management. Without an effective time, energy and activity management system, we never prioritize important tasks that must be completed to move us toward achieving our commitments. We need to commit to our future and avoid allowing other urgencies to scream so loudly that we neglect our priorities.
An effective time management system will help you to:
- Capture and retrieve needed information. You’ll need not just a place to write things, but a system for locating them again later when you need them.
- Create, prioritize and track tasks, things you will do that don’t need to happen at a specific time.
- Create and refer to appointments, things you need to do at a specific time.
- Visualize, strategize, reflect and evaluate.
- This last function of a Personal Time Management System is one we may not think of often. However, it is what makes the other functions work effectively. It takes your System to a whole new level and connects it to your vision and what’s most important to you.
No matter how specific, focused, or perfect your plans to deliver your dreams may be. Nothing meaningful can happen, until you develop and consistently apply an effective activity management routine in your life. A daily routine that is built around positive success habits and disciplines, will equip you to effortlessly discover your brilliance and live your excellence.