Can we really transcend consciousness and connect to source?
Understanding the “MIND”
As you know we have both, a conscious thinking mind and an autonomous or subconscious (super conscious) mind, over which the majority of people, exert little or no control at all. Our autonomic or subconscious mind, is that part of our brain, which controls our heart rate, nervous system, blood pressure, temperature, hormone levels, breathing, etc. It is also the part of our brain that connects us, to the quantum field of collective consciousness.
Therefore, if you want to raise your consciousness or connect with your inner “ALL KNOWING SELF”. Learning how to move out of your conscious mind (known mind), into your subconscious (Super conscious) mind, is the only way that I am aware of, to support you to connect with your higher self or consciousness itself.
So, if you want to learn how to raise your consciousness, where you elevate your inner awareness, to fourth or even fifth density consciousness. Then this practical explanation, will give you the guidance you need, to move from your conscious thinking mind (Beta brain waves) to your inner subconscious, (Super Conscious) connected mind (Move from Alpha – Theta – Delta – to an aroused Gamma brain wave state).
Understanding the Conscious mind
When we are alert, awake and living in our normal “Third Density” state of consciousness, our brain operates, with Beta brain waves, at a frequency of 13 – 32 Hz.
It is important to note the difference between High Beta and Low Beta.
- High Beta – Stressed thinking (the place where most people live, due to the numerous triggers and stressors, they permit in their environment. (Stressed mind – high beta 23 – 32 Hz)
- Low Beta – Normal conscious thinking (known mind – Beta brainwaves 12 – 22 Hz)
Low Beta is the brain wave frequency that we experience in a normal awake and aware state. High Beta on the other hand, is a highly aroused sate, which we experience, when we encounter danger or anything that threatens us, even if these are only perceived threats.
When an antelope is chased by a predator, it is thrust into a highly aroused state, where adrenalin is pumped into its body, to prepare it to flee, freeze or fight.
Thankfully this aroused state only lasts for a short time, and the antelope, soon returns to its normal state.
This means that the antelope only lives in a highly aroused state, for a short period of time.
Unfortunately, we humans are different. The threats we face in our environment, are not in the form of predators, but rather, come in the form of:
- Road rage, due to an inconsiderate driver
- An incompetent employee
- An overzealous boss
Above is a list of all the elements in life that can cause us stress
These stressors or triggers do not subside within a short period of time, like they do for the antelope, in the previous example.
This means that we consistently live, in an unnatural, highly stimulated or aroused state, for very long periods of time.
The high levels of adrenaline and cortisol, which are the result of this, over time, cause irreversible damage to our bodies.
The great news here, is that meditation, can help you to eliminate this unwelcome stressful condition from our experience.
The high levels of adrenaline and cortisol, which are the result of this, over time, cause irreversible damage to our bodies. The great news here, is that meditation, can help you to eliminate this unwelcome stressful condition from our experience.
The thinking brain (Conscious thinking mind – Beta brain wave frequency)
People think between 60 – 70 000 thoughts every day. Our conditioning and daily habits entice us to think around 90 – 95 % of the same thoughts each day. As you can imagine, the same thinking that caused the stress or challenge in the first place, can never help you to remove or transcend it.
People constantly think thoughts, such as:
- I am so angry
- That person is so incompetent
- I am not worthy
- Why me
- I am not responsible,
- I have no control
When you allow yourself to think fearful, angry or negative thoughts, such as the ones described above, you will experience a stimulation of the amygdala, followed by the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus then sends signals to the adrenal glands to produce hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. These chemicals, then introduce the fight or flight response.
In other words, your thoughts, result in a chemical response, or said differently your thoughts, cause you to experience some sort of “EMOTION”.
These negative thought patterns keep you trapped in the past, because each one of them is associated with a negative “PAST EMOTION”, such fear, anger or disgust. As you know when we feel a negative emotion, our body excretes negative hormones, such as cortisol, catecholamines or thyroid hormone.
Imagine trying to get yourself into a creative, developmental or transformative state, when your body is filled with stress hormones. As you can imagine – “It is impossible”.
To support our brain to move from our THINKING mind to our Super Conscious Mind, we need to consider the following:
We need to figure out, how to move our brain wave frequency, from BETA (Conscious thinking) – to internal aroused brain wave frequency, called GAMMA. When you view the graphic above, you would intuitively believe, that you should be able to find a way, to increase your brain wave frequency from Beta 13 – 32 Hz, so that you can go straight into Gamma brain wave frequencies of 32 – 100 Hz.
Unfortunately, that is not possible, as the arousal or brain stimulation, which we experience during high Beta, is the polar opposite of the arousal or stimulation that we need; to support our brains, to move from Beta brain wave frequencies, into a gamma brain wave frequency.
The reason for this is as follows:
- When our brains are experiencing stressors or triggers from our environment, or we are extra alert, because of danger (perceived or real), our brains operate in “HIGH BETA” brain wave frequency. (23 -32 Hz).
- GAMMA brain waves. This is the place where our brains need to vibrate, during “DEEP MEDITATION”. (32 – 100 Hz).
- So, why can’t we just move straight from high beta, directly to Gamma brain wave frequencies?
- It is impossible, to move directly from an external aroused state of “STRESS”, (23 – 32 Hz) to an internal, connected state (Gamma 32 -100 Hz) of “LOVE, CONNECTION and DEEP CONSCIOUSNESS”.
- This is because the state of arousal, when we are thinking in our conscious mind, is there, to support us to operate in our external world.
- The arousal required to support us, in our “EXTERNAL WORLD” is connected to our “FIVE SENSES”, namely, sight, sound, touch, feeling and taste.
- When we meditate, we need to be in a completely different state, namely one of introspection, where we are completely disconnected, from our 5 senses.
- When in a meditative connected state, I find that I am at a “POINT”, where my five senses stop and “LOVE and CONNECTION” to the quantum field begins.
Become Present in the “GENEROUS NOW”!
I am sure that you have heard the words “BE PRESENT” or “STAY IN THE NOW”, but have you ever wondered what those two phrases, really mean?
For me to “BE PRESENT” or “STAY IN THE NOW”, means letting go of any negative or repetitive thoughts, which may be keeping me trapped in the “KNOWN PAST or PREDICTABLE FUTURE”.
When you do this successfully, you open a pathway to the creative and “GENEROUS NOW”.
In other words, if you want to “BE PRESENT” or “STAY IN THE NOW” and you want to stop thinking negative thoughts that cause your body, to excrete stress hormones, which results in you feeling negative emotions, such as “FEAR, ANGER or DOUBT”.
All you need to do is – to find a way to rather think “LOVING THOUGHTS” or thoughts of “GRATITUDE”.
Break free from your Predictable, Habitual Thinking
All those negative thoughts that you have thought in the past, have accumulated, into a habitual pattern of “PREDICTABLE HABITUAL THINKING”, which at first, manifested, as your “DAILY MOODS”.
Over time, as you have held onto negative thought patterns (moods). Your body has autonomically excreted cortisol, adrenaline, catecholamines, dopamine or thyroid hormone.
All of these hormones or chemicals are designed to put your body in an aroused (stimulated) state, for a short period of time, to enable you to fight, flee or freeze. Unfortunately, unlike the antelope, which escapes the predator and returns to a normal state within a short space of time. Our stressors and triggers do not go away; so we remain in a highly charged or aroused state for very long periods of time. In some cases, this condition becomes permanent.
As time passes, people become “ADDICTED” to these negative hormones.
In other words, your negative thoughts, have caused your body to release “ADDICTIVE STRESS HORMONES”, which you find, hard to live without. As hard as it is to believe, the consistent negative thinking we engage in, results in us becoming addicted to a life, we don’t even want or like. To change this and to learn the art of living in the “GENEROUS CREATIVE NOW”, all we need to do, is figure out how to consistently think positive thoughts of “LOVE” or “GRATITUDE”.
To change this and to learn the art of living in the “GENEROUS CREATIVE NOW”, all we need to do, is figure out how to consistently think positive thoughts of “LOVE” or “GRATITUDE”.
When we consistently do this, we deliver the perfect chemistry, which supports our mind to “BE PRESENT” or to “STAY IN THE NOW “.
When we experience an emotion, such as anger or fear for a short time, we refer to this as a “MOOD”.
However, when we allow a mood to persist for a long period, it manifests as our “TEMPERAMENT”.
As these refractory energies persist for years, we have now invited a new “PERSONALITY TRAIT” into our life experience.
In other words, our thoughts, create our temperament and so the person, who shows up in your world, is the result of your consistent thoughts or thinking.
The great news here is this:
If your thoughts have created an angry or fearful temperament, which you do not want. You have the “POWER” to change it.
All we need to do, is work to “CHANGE OUR THOUGHTS”, where we start thinking LOVING THOUGHTS” and our body will do the rest. Namely, generate chemicals or hormones that will result in an emotion of “LOVE”, which in turn will result in a “LOVING MOOD”.
This “LOVING MOOD” will over time become your temperament and the refractory energies, of “LOVE” that you express for years, will become an entrenched “PERSONALITY TYPE”, namely – One of “LOVE”.
“LOVE” will then be stored in your body, as your memorized emotion of choice.
It really is that easy, to move away from “FEAR and ANGER”, towards “LOVE”
Love is our “NATURAL STATE”
Doing the above, is easier than you think, as “LOVE” is our natural state. Start right now and every time you think a fearful or angry thought, consciously “STOP YOURSELF”, by repeating a positive mantra or saying, such as:
“I am loving, and LOVE is who I am”.
Keep repeating this positive thought until, the “FEAR OR ANGER” subsides. You can make your own, but “I am loving, and love is who I am” is the mantra or thought, pattern that I use.
Feel good hormones
Oxytocin a naturally occurring hormone and is referred to as the hormone of love. It’s produced by the hypothalamus — a small region at the base of your brain — and secreted by the nearby pituitary gland.
Dopamine is known as the feel-good hormone. Dopamine is a hormone and neurotransmitter that’s an important part of your brain’s reward system.
Serotonin is known to regulate mood, happiness, and anxiety. Low levels of serotonin are linked to depression.
Endorphins are chemicals produced by the body to relieve stress and pain. They work similarly to a class of drugs called opioids. Opioids relieve pain and can produce a feeling of euphoria.
Unlocking the “POWER of Gratitude”
Have you ever wondered, why you need to change from your normal way of thinking, to a state of “GRATITUDE”, when you want to change anything in your life?
Gratitude is always the best ATTITUDE
This includes the following:
- Your desire to reduce the damaging effects of stress in your life
- Your desire to raise your consciousness, so that you can connect with your inner “TRANSCENDANT SELF”
- Your desire to transcend consciousness itself, where you become transcendent or where you can access the quantum field of collective connection or knowledge, at will.
People think between 60 – 70 000 thoughts every day. Unfortunately, our conditioning and daily habits, entice us to think around 90 – 95 % of the same thoughts each day.
As you can imagine, the same thinking that caused the stress in the first place, can never help you to remove or transcend it. If we allow all the triggers and stressors in our environment, to entice us to think mostly negative thoughts.
People constantly think thoughts, such as:
- I am not worthy
- I keep messing up3. Why am I so stupid?
These negative thought patterns keep you trapped in the past, because each one of them is associated with a negative past “EMOTION”, such fear, anger or disgust.
As you know when we feel a negative emotion, our body excretes negative hormones, such as cortisol, catecholamines or thyroid hormone.
So, if thinking negative thoughts causes your body to excrete stress hormones, does that mean, when you think positive thoughts. Such as when you hold onto a thought of “GRATITUDE”. Does that mean that your body excretes positive hormones such as, oxytocin or dopamine?
ABSOLUTELY, that is the reason I recommend that you “START and FINISH”, every day with thoughts and feelings of “GRATITUDE”. When we start thinking thoughts of gratitude, we can sit back and let our body do the rest. Namely, generate chemicals or hormones that will result in an emotion of “LOVE”, which in turn will result in a “LOVING MOOD”.
The POWER of LOVE
As you can imagine, when your body is filled with positive or “LOVE” hormones, it is much easier to be creative, make positive changes in your life or raise your consciousness. “LOVE” will then be stored in your body, as your memorized emotion of choice.
So, inviting positive change into your experience or letting go of your ego, so that you can connect with your transcendent self, becomes far easier.
Remember that where your attention goes – energy flows. So, by simply focusing your energy on feeling “GRATITUDE”for something in your life, your positive thoughts encourage your body to release oxytocin, serotonin and dopamine. When in this state, inviting positive change into your experience or transcending consciousness, becomes far easier.
How do you feel gratitude?
The way to do this is not easy, but the concept is pretty simple. First – Identify something in your life that you are grateful for. In my case I focus on my health and relationship with my amazing wife. This puts me into a very powerful positive, love filled hormonal state, which supports me during meditation, to transcend fourth density consciousness. It also helps me to experience fifth density consciousness, for a period.
As I said previously the concept of feeling gratitude is “SIMPLE”, but due to our entrenched bad habits and tendencies, to think negative thoughts.
Feeling gratitude can be challenging at times.
To get started try this mantra or saying:
“I am alive, I have air to breathe and I am truly blessed that I can think transformational thoughts of “GRATITUDE”.
To allow yourself to feel gratitude, do the following:
Relax, centre yourself, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
Keep breathing rhythmically and just keep repeating this simple mantra, until you feel the stress leave your body and “LOVE” enter.
Keep repeating this twice a day, for 30 – 45 days and you will completely transform your life experience.
Gratitude is the easiest way to invite feelings of “LOVE” into your experience
Changing your thinking
As I have discussed previously. If we need to transcend our normal thinking conscious mind and if we want to transcend or raise our consciousness, we need to move our mind from its normal thinking state, to one of introspection, connection and transcendence. Doing this is very difficult or impossible, as long as you are living in a stressed or aroused high beta brain wave frequency state. It is for this reason that I recommend that you invest the next 30 days, into changing your mood from one of “FEAR, ANGER AND STRESS”, to one of “LOVE AND GRATITUDE”.
There are two benefits that will flow to you, as a result of this shift:
- You will feel better physically, and you will become far more energised
- You will be able to quiet your thoughts during meditation, so that you can move from your thinking conscious mind (beta brain waves 13 – 32 Hz) into your unconscious (super conscious) mind. (Move from Beta (thinking mind) – Alpha – Theta – Delta – to an aroused, meditative state of Gamma brain wave frequencies).
Make the shift permanent
As you know living in a constant aroused or high Beta state, is very damaging to your health and it also saps your energy, too. So even if you don’t want to raise your consciousness and you only want to optimise your health and increase your energy, then following these recommendations are recommended.
Unlocking the Art of being Present all the times – Live in the “GENEROUS NOW”
At first, I found it is easiest to use mediation, to achieve being present, or to experience living in the NOW.
To do this I set a positive intention, of thinking “LOVING” thoughts or thoughts of “GRATITUDE”, as often as I could, throughout my day.
It was however only during meditative practice that I managed to experience complete connection to the “GENEROUS NOW”
Using meditation at first, gave me a physical, dedicated time slot, where I could focus all my energy on thinking empowering, loving thoughts, about everything that I have to be grateful for in my life.
Learn to live in the “GENEROUS NOW” all the time
Finding my way to my “GENEROUS NOW”, was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. So, I figured, if I could reach it during mediation, was it possible to maintain this state, for longer periods of time.
At first, I found it difficult to maintain a state of living in the “GENEROUS NOW” for any length of time, after I stopped meditating. As time has passed, I have manged to gradually remain in the “GENEROUS NOW“, for longer and longer periods of time.
Eventually, it became possible, to stay in the “GENEROUS NOW” for very long periods of time, even indefinitely. Once you understand the mechanics behind changing your thought patterns on demand, shifting your state becomes far simpler.
The challenge, when you get started, is simply that your thought patterns are so ingrained and habitual, changing them requires a lot of conscious thought.
How do you find something to be “GRATEFUL” for?
If you are finding it difficult to find anything in your experience, to be grateful for, try the mantra below.
It may give you the start you need, even if you do not feel that there is anything in your life, to be grateful for, right now.
“I am alive, I have air to breathe and I am truly blessed that I can think transformational thoughts of GRATITUDE”.
Unlocking the “BRIDGE” between your “Thinking and Super Conscious Mind”
Moving from thinking in your conscious (known mind), to a place where you are connected to your inner autonomous mind – “INNER LOVING SELF”, requires you to find a “bridge”, which links the conscious (known), with the subconscious (Unknown).
As I stated earlier in this article, our autonomous or subconscious mind controls blood flow, blood pressure, body temperature and our “BREATHING”, amongst other things.
As our “BREATHING” can either be controlled by our autonomic subconscious mind, or our conscious thinking mind. It is the obvious “BRIDGE”, between the two.
How do I move my brain waves from Beta (thinking known mind) to Gamma Brain wave frequencies (internal autonomous – unknown mind)
As simplistic as this sounds, the “BRIDGE” that links the thinking known mind, with the inner or unknown super conscious mind, is your “BREATHING”. The reason is obvious, as your “BREATHING” is the easiest part of your autonomic or subconscious to control with your thinking mind.
As you take conscious control of your “BREATHING”, you are creating the potential for or setting the intention, to disconnect from your five external looking senses (beta brain wave frequencies). When you do this you “ALLOW” yourself, to gradually start moving, into your inner unknown “SELF” (Alpha- Theta – Delta – to an aroused Gamma Brain wave frequency)
With practice, you can gradually gain control of your entire autonomous nervous system and subconscious mind
How do we move from Beta to Gamma brain wave frequencies?
Understanding your brain wave frequencies
- High Beta (23 – 32 Hz) – this is the brain wave modality, where most people live, due to all the external stressors and triggers, that they allow in their lives
- Low Beta (13 – 22 Hz) – normal conscious thinking – the known mind
- Alpha (8 – 12 Hz) – this is where your inner world, starts to become more relevant, than your outer three-dimensional world. This is where your senses, become dulled and you start to see images appear in your mind.
- Theta (4 – 8 Hz) – this is a deep internal, highly suggestable state. In this state, there is no connection to your five senses at all. You feel like you are in a dream state. It is easy to fall asleep from here, if you do not keep focused on your intention, to move your conscious, to an aroused state of Gamma brain frequency meditation.
- Delta (.5 – 4 Hz) – this is the brain wave modality; we experience during rem or deep sleep. It can be quite challenging not to fall asleep at this point. It takes a really powerful intention and inner awareness, to continue past Delta, to an aroused meditative state, where you experience Gamma brain wave frequencies.
- Gamma (32 – 100 Hz) – once you have learnt the art of creating sufficient internal arousal, due to powerful feelings of “GRATITUDE OR LOVE”, your mind will move from delta to an aroused state of Gamma brain wave frequencies.
When I first started meditating, I used a few tricks, to help me to move through and experience, each of the above brain wave frequencies.
- The first thing I tried was to use a really good pair of over ear headphones, to listen to really well-designed sound technology, developed by Dr Jeffery Thompson (shown below).
- Dr Jeffery Thompsons research showed that you can entice your brain to vibrate at a specific brain wave frequency, when you listen to that frequency, through a high-quality set of headphones.
- As I wanted to understand what to expect, when my brain was firing at each of the different brain waves, I invested some time into listening to each of the soundtracks, during meditation.
- I invested at minimum 30 days with each soundtrack, before moving onto the next one.
- The interesting bonus that I learned, as a result of this experiment, was that you “CAN” meditate at each of your internal brain wave frequencies.
- Yes, you can reach a fundamental level of connection to your “INNER SELF” at all internal brain wave frequencies.
- Even when experiencing or generating alpha brain waves in our minds, we can still experience a limited level of connection, to the quantum field or consciousness.
- As you progress deeper and deeper, into theta and then delta, the experience becomes richer and the connection much stronger.
- There is however an incredible empowering moment, when you learn to not fall asleep, as you move through theta and delta brain wave frequencies and you ALLOW your mind to move into a highly aroused state of Gamma meditation.
- After “ALLOWING” myself, to experience each of the brain wave frequencies, by using the soundtracks shown below. I was better equipped to interpret, what to expect during each state, so that I could understand each one and gradually learn the art of moving from one to the next.
- Finally, once I had practiced meditating at each of the different brainwave frequencies, for no less than 30 days, each.
- I then used Gamma sound waves, which I listened to on the same high quality, over ear headphones, to support me during meditation.
- As I descried previously, the greatest challenge, when transcending each brain wave frequency, is to not allow yourself to fall asleep, as you move from theta and then on to Delta.
- This is the reason that I invested at minimum 30 days listening to each sound technology, before introducing the next one.
- As you graduate from listening to each of the soundtracks, as shown below and you understand how to move your brain waves from alpha – theta – delta, without falling asleep. You are ready to start listening to the “GAMMA MEDITATION SYSTEM”
These are the soundtracks that I used, by Dr Jeffery Thompson:
How do you start to meditate?
- Moving from your thinking mind, into an Alpha brain wave frequency, is simple. It requires you to move your attention from your outer world, where you depend on your five senses, to interpret your experience. To an internal place of introspection, where you start to disconnect from your five senses.
- Moving from beta to alpha, is a very natural experience. It is the state we experience, as we slow our minds down and we start to disconnect from our thinking mind.
- As I sated previously, the “BRIDGE”, between your thinking mind and internal autonomous mind is your “BREATHING”.
- As you start to meditate, take over conscious control of your “BREATHING”, by breathing in through your nose and exhaling through your mouth.
- Allow your mind to focus 100% on your breathing.
- Feel the cool air enter as you take deep slow, rhymical breathes.
- Gradually move your focus from your outside world to your inner world.
- Moving from Beta to Alpha, brain wave frequencies, is very natural and common. When you are driving long distances, as an example, you may find yourself alert, but you have no clear recollection of how the last 50 km flew past so quickly. That is when your mind has moved into a trance like or alpha brain waves frequency state.
In this short article, I have tried to explain and simplify some of the complexities, associated with meditation and how to transcend them.
In my next articles, I will try to explain the following:
- The inner working of the pineal gland
- The pineal gland was commonly dubbed the “third eye” for many reasons, including its location deep in the centre of the brain and its connection to light. Mystic and esoteric spiritual traditions suggest it serves as a metaphysical connection between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- I am busy conducting some research around this incredible tool, which is our connection to higher realms and even consciousness itself.
- In the meantime, work really hard, to remove fluoride from your life.
- Fluoride has been placed in our water and toothpaste, for decades, with the false promise that it was really good for our teeth. There is no scientific evidence that fluoride does anything for our teeth, at all.
- There is, however, extensive research that shows that fluoride, causes calcification of the pineal gland.
- I am investing a lot of energy into understanding our energy centres or chakras.
- I am conducting research into understanding these energy centres and how they work
- Each one seems to be its own mini brain and chemical factory
- As soon, as I better understand these powerful centres and their importance to our physical health and our connection to the quantum field, I will write an article on this too.