Time Management Training Skills – South Africa
Time Management Training South Africa
Make Your Time Management Training Skills Work for You
Time is precious and I am sure that no one knows that better than you. I offer a number of incredibly valuable tips in this time management training program, which will help you to enhance your time management training skills, which will highlight some new ways on to how to manage your time and energy so that you can get more out of your time every day. You cannot create more time in your day, you can only allocate the available time more effectively. You will only become really effective when you create a system that reminds you when tasks need to be completed and one that is measurable and can also serve as a means for making you accountable. This is where a time and energy management system comes into its own.
Most successful people I know create superior results yet still maintain a balance among work, family, and recreation in their lives.
Your Energy and Time Management training system is the place to store your plan and how you start to develop superior Time Management Training Skills
This time management training skills program is all about forward planning allows you to seldom react to the events of the moment and avoids the necessity of using your memory to meet commitments. A blunt pencil is far better at remembering things, than the sharpest memory. Your system must asses how you wish to allocate your time, toward achieving your daily tasks, it helps you to think further ahead and thus avoid wasting time on crisis management. Without an effective time management system and a set of effective time management skills, we never prioritize important tasks that must be completed to move us toward achieving our commitments. We need to commit to our future and avoid allowing other urgencies to scream so loudly that we neglect our priorities.
Follow the link below to download worksheet 10 to assess your current time management system or lack thereof.
What Makes a Good Time Management training system and how do you enhance your Time Management Training Skills ?
An effective time management training system will help you to:
- Capture and retrieve needed information. You’ll need not just a place to write things, but a system for locating them again later when you need them.
- Create, prioritize and track tasks, things you will do that don’t need to happen at a specific time.
- Create and refer to appointments, things you need to do at a specific time.
- Visualize, strategize, reflect and evaluate.
This last function of a Personal Time Management Training System is one we may not think of often. However, it is what makes the other functions work effectively. It takes your System to a whole new level and connects it to your vision and what’s most important to you.
An Effective Time Management Training System that will help you develop great Time Management Training Skills
In our age of technology and information, you may have different tools that will comprise your Time Management Training System. For example, you may need to use Outlook or another networked calendar with your workgroup. You may have personal digital assistant (PDA), such as a Palm or other handheld device that allows you to carry contacts and appointments with you. You may even have a low-tech shared family calendar hanging on your refrigerator at home. Proper time management skills will help you to see that it is sometimes difficult to remember what’s where and which tool is doing what for you. In order to be successful with multiple tools, remember the following:
- This time management training program will show you how to clearly identify what information is going where and consistently put that information there. For example, what tool will have your appointments? That’s the tool you’ll check when you’re setting an appointment to see if you are free. What tool has your contacts? When you need to change someone’s address or phone number, that’s where you’ll put the new information.
- Even if you keep appointment information in different places, identify one tool that will be your personal hub. This new time management training skill will help you to always have a time management system, that will be the “always-accurate, always-updated” part of your system and the one that tells you what your commitments are for the whole day. You can enter the relevant appointments into other tools that communicate with other people (like the fridge calendar or workgroup calendar). Try to make it easy and simple to synchronize information.
- This time management training system will show you that you must make one part of your system mobile. If your primary tool is your desktop computer, make sure you have a Palm or paper planner that is always synchronized with it so you’ve got your commitments and needed information on the go.
- As you develop your time management training skills, you will learn that, when you use paper, make sure your pages are bound. There’s nothing worse than having floating pieces of paper as a part of your System—they have a tendency to float away.
- With electronic tools, make sure you have a backup.
There’s no right system to use, when compiling your time management training system. Most people will have a combination of tools—paper, electronic, or both. Just make sure that the whole of your system works together to consistently give you the information you need to follow through on your vision-connected personal commitments.
Author: Andrew Horton Time Management Training Skills South Africa