Time Management Training – Prioritising Goals – South Africa
Time Management – South Africa
This time management training program will show you that one of the major reasons why people blunder from year to year without ever achieving their goals, is that they dilute the efforts and try to achieve too much at a once. To become effective and to finally begin achieving your goals, it is crucial that you focus all your energy on only a few priorities at a time. Divide your year into four equal segments of 90 days each. During each 90 day segment focus all your energy on achieving only one to three goals. To start the process and get to know how the system works, I suggest that you concentrate on only one goal to start with.
Please use Worksheet 6 to define order and prioritize your goals. Invest inspired energy and sufficient time to prioritize all your goals today, as this will allow you to create a hierarchy of importance for your goals; which will facilitate you devoting energy and allocating sufficient time to only your really important goals first.
The tools offered in this time management training program will ask you to explore worksheet 6 is designed to help you organize all your goals and give them a priority rating. It also offers you a facility to regularly review and track your progress. Now is the time to reassess all your goals and to ensure that they are in line with your vision or true life purpose. Revisit each goal and ensure that the price you will be required to pay to achieve each goal is acceptable and in line with your expectations. It is extremely time and energy wasting to start taking action to achieve a goal, only to realise that the price required to achieve the goal is way higher than you are prepared to pay.
Any worthwhile goal will stretch you and make you extend yourself beyond your current comfort zone. To make your goal really effective make sure it contains these three elements:
- It must be completely clear without any ambiguity.
- All important salient points must be clearly defined.
- It must have a clearly stated time frame for completion.
After completing this time management training workshop you will begin to think of your goals as a BLUEPRINT for the universe. If you are vague, the results that will manifest will be vague. The more vivid the detail you can put into your BLUEPRINT, the easier it will be to create an effective plan and the better the results at the end.
Ensure that your goal is SMART
- Specific: It clearly states what you will achieve. It paints a vivid picture of the destination.
- Measurable: It clearly lays out the criteria for achievement. You’ll know when you’ve achieved the goal or completed the step. It’s observable. It’s quantifiable.
- Achievable: It stretches you within a realistic window. You’ve got the internal and external resources (or, you can get them) to achieve the goal.
- Relevant: It’s connected to your Purpose, your vision, and your values. In other words, it’s relevant to what’s most important to you, and it’s your goal, not someone else’s.
- Time-dimensioned: It lays out a specific time frame for completion. You’ve identified when someone could show up and see you complete the goal or step. Or, if it’s an ongoing piece of your goal, you’ve identified the frequency—how often will it happen?