Turning Goal Setting Into Goal Achieving
The first step required to convert your dreams and goals into real and tangible outcomes. Is to work to become the person you need to be, to attract the success you desire. This very complicated process means that you cannot pursue success. Anything you pursue will always elude you. You will only attract success when you become more and as you grow and develop success will begin to stick to you like glue. Andrew is one of the top inspirational speakers in this field and is a must for your next seminar or conference.
Take a really good look at the goals you have set and explore them. Discover the attributes, skills, knowledge and discipline necessary to deserve and sustain the achievement of these goals. Then go about the business of developing all of these, consistently working to become the type of person you need to be, to attract the goals and success you desire.
This concept is common sense and should be simple to learn and apply in your life. Unfortunately things that are common sense are very seldom common practice. The key to make this work in your life is to get absolute clarity on what you want. Then go about the business of clearly defining what you will need to become to deliver exactly those results in your life.
For example if your goal is to earn a million rand extra this year. The first question you must ask yourself is; what must I become to make it possible for me to achieve this outcome? Listed below are some of the attributes, skills and knowledge you will need to acquire. Always state all the attributes in the present as though you have already acquired them.
1) I am disciplined, persistent and an expert at utilizing my available time efficiently
2) I prioritize all my daily activities and focus my attention on only high payoff and optimal and productive actions each day
3) I plan my day the night before
4) I set time aside each day to carry out my priority activities
5) I wake an hour earlier each day and read personal development books each day
6) I use my commuting time to listen to inspirational and educational materials.
7) I watch my nutrition and exercise daily
8) I constantly feed my mind positive ideas that energize and inspire me
9) I surround myself with coaches, mentors and peers that elevate me and prod and guide me toward greater levels of discipline and performance
10) I lead, influence and cultivate strength and greatness in everyone around me.
11) I am a genius and I use my wisdom daily
12) I only deliver excellence and always over deliver to everyone I work with.
The Inspirational Speakers formula is really simple:
If you want to have more, you must first commit to do more so that you can become more.
To achieve something you have never achieved before you must become someone you have never been.” —Les Brown
To convert goal setting into goal achieving you must first adopt new behaviors, characteristics and daily disciplines as your new routines. You need to become the type of person that would deserve to achieve those results in their lives.