Motivational Speaker – Desire and Dedication are the Bookends of Success
Desire and Dedication are the Bookends of Success
If where you started from, was a factor in how your life turned out, then how do you think a child who was born to a 13 year old mother, who was trapped in poverty would turn out. Add to this repeated rapes and physical abuse right up until this beautiful child had a miscarriage herself, at the tender age of 13 and you would expect a cycle of poverty and abuse to follow this child, generation after generation. What if I told you that this child was Oprah Winfrey? The way your life turns out is not determined by where you start from, it is determined by the choices you make, the vision you create and the determination you show each day to do what it takes to make a difference in your life.
All greatness starts with desire and the level of success you enjoy will be driven by the amount of dedication you choose to apply to make that happen for you. Desire and dedication are the two prime ingredients required to become a top achiever. Desire helps you decide what you want, and dedication is the means by which you achieve it. Someone with plenty of desire and limited dedication would never achieve much. If you want to achieve meaningful and sustainable results in your life, you have to develop a powerful combination of both of these ingredients for success.
Desire is a combination of three important components:
- You must “DREAM”, and allow your mind to explore all possibilities. The secret is to give your mind the freedom to explore without any limitations or restrictions.
- Secondly, you sift through all your dreams and possibilities and create a “VISION” of what you want to achieve. You convert your dreams that inhabit the realm of your imagination and convert them into something possible and achievable for you.
- Lastly, you must explore your vision and get absolute “clarity and focus” on exactly how your life will look when you’ve accomplished your vision.
Dedication is about discipline and commitment
1) Focus on your vision daily.
2) Develop a plan that will allow you to travel in the direction of your vision.
3) Invest willpower into creating a habit set that will support the necessary daily activities to move you along the path to the success that you desire.
4) Stay committed and take action daily, until your dream is delivered.
You have the power to transform your life. You can change everything that is not satisfactory. It all starts and ends with your own power of choice. What are you waiting for?
This may seem like an impossible task and a pipe dream to most people. I know that anything is possible for you if you believe in yourself and you commit to introduce this success system into your life.
Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility and everything becomes possible when you:
- Allow yourself to move out of your self-imposed comfort zone
- Believe in your self
- Follow your passion
- Commit to make the changes necessary to succeed
- You can have, do and be anything you desire.
One single thought or single decision can:
- Unlock your hidden potential
- Improve your health
- Create great wealth
- Create great relationships and forge bonds of deep love and connection
- Inspire new levels of joy and happiness.
Throw a large dose of dedication into the mix and you have the makings of greatness and super achievement. It is time to stop pretending and for you to finally start performing. To start performing you must accept that you will be moved out of your comfort zone, into unchartered territory. These changes will make you feel uncomfortable and you will feel discomfort. This discomfort though, is your ticket to exceptional achievement and will put you on a path to great fulfilment.
Keep pretending and accept that you FEAR positive change more than you desire exceptional performance, do nothing and you will achieve something amazing, NOTHING. This attitude of acceptance will see you arrive somewhere five years from now. The question is; will you be satisfied with where that will be.
Stretch yourself today; accept a little discomfort and the place you will arrive five years from now, will be fulfilling and satisfying. Remain trapped in your self-imposed comfort zone of mediocrity and you will arrive at a place very similar to where you are right now, you will just be five years older, a lot more frustrated and far more disgruntled and unhappy.
This is really a choice of mediocrity over super achievement, of rest over labour, entertainment over education, delusion over truth and doubt over confidence. These are all simple choices; one takes you out of your comfort zone of mediocrity and forces you to feel a little discomfort, but sees you enjoy great success, fulfilment, happiness and joy. Whilst the other leaves you feeling a false sense of comfort in the short term, but leaves you completely dissatisfied, frustrated and unhappy in the long term.
Make the choice right now, begin to desire change, focus on the desirable outcome that you want to see develop in your future and then with dogged determination and never ending dedication make things unfold, day after day. This simple recipe for success is really easy to do, the challenge though is that as easy as it is to, so easy is not to do. You have so much to gain and nothing to lose, commit to finally turn your desire and dedication into future you want
Author: Andrew Horton Motivational Speaker