Motivational Speakers – Are you Scuttling your Future with your Negative Self-talk?
Are you Scuttling your Future with your Negative Self-talk?
During this presentation by one of the most inspiring motivational speakers in the field of time management training, I will show you that research has shown that there is a constant stream of self-talk going on in our minds all day. This constant of barrage of input into our minds, only seems to stop during certain parts of our sleeping cycle and is so habitual and part of who we are, that we seldom even know we are doing it. There is a constant stream of comments, judgements and reactions to everything going on around us. These conversations are either supporting you and the success you are attempting to invite into your life or they are destroying your potential. That is why it is crucial that you ensure the conversations you have with yourself all day, are nurturing rather than scuttling your success. If you are constantly feeding your brain with negative input, you are subconsciously sabotaging your success.
Action Idea: Tune in to the conversations you have with yourself all day, listen to what you are saying to yourself. Assess whether you need to change the way you speak to yourself in any way. Negative self-talk destroys your potential, whilst positive self-talk nurtures and accelerates your success.
When you listen to the conversations you have with yourself are you:
- Speaking as a critic or a nurturing coach?
- Do you negate or reinforce any success you experience?
- Are you comfortable engaging in positive reinforcement, where you say things like “that’s more like it” “Now we are in the groove” “Well done, things are working out well” or is there a constant stream of criticism, which breaks you down?
- Do you berate yourself when you feel like you have failed, or do you see any challenge or roadblock as a temporary inconvenience, an opportunity to learn, a necessary part of any success journey?
- Do you see every difficulty, which crosses your path on the way to the success you desire and deserve, as a stepping stone to greatness or a stumbling block, which will stop you in your tracks?
- Do you reinforce every success, no matter how small, by rewarding yourself with praise, or do you tell yourself you were just lucky and don’t deserve any attention for the success?
- Are you able to accept a compliment and feel like you deserve it or do you always respond with a negative retort about how you don’t deserve any praise? Learn to accept value graciously whenever it is offered. You are a wonderful person and yes you do deserve praise and support.
- When you pass strangers in the street, or meet anyone you know, do you greet them with a smile? Your demeanor is a direct reflection of what is going on inside you. If you are sullen and grumpy inside, you are most certainly not in the best frame of mind to be creative, innovative or searching for opportunities. That smile doesn’t just help the person receiving the smile. It helps you too.
- Accept praise graciously from others and reinforce your own good work with positive self-talk, but avoid engaging in bragging or blowing your own trumpet. When you feel it necessary to constantly shout about your exploits, you are only looking for attention. Anyone, who is looking for attention, will miss all the great opportunities waiting to be exploited.
- Stop making excuses for lack of progress or any unresolved challenges, always engage in positive self-talk, keep your eyes focused firmly on your vision for the future and affirm the progress you are trying to make.
This inspirational talk by one of the best motivational speakers in the field of time management training will guide you to explore the conversations going on in your head all day, ensure that the things you are telling yourself are indeed supporting your vision and helping you to take the daily action you need to be taking. It is so easy to scuttle your future, if you constantly bombard your mind with conversations, which restrict, limit, criticise or constantly distract you with negativity. When you learn to start to think more positive thoughts, which nurture and support your efforts, you have found the most powerful stimulus package for super achievement. Andrew Horton is one of the top South African motivational speakers in his field.
Author: Andrew Horton Motivational Speakers South Africa