Time Management – How are you Investing Each Hour that Passes?
How are you Investing Each Hour that Passes?
Is every hour that passes during the day, the most effective use of your time? Whatever you choose to invest your time into each hour, will determine the quality of life that you get to live. Time is on the wing and it will just continue to fly past you in a blur of discontent, unless you make the choice today to invest yours more wisely.
As each hour passes during the day, spend 10 seconds looking back at that hour and ask yourself:
- Was vegetating in front of the television the most effective use of my time, or could I have invested that time into my spouse or family?
- Was driving my car mindlessly listening to the radio, which filled my head with negative information the best use of my time or could I have been listening to an inspirational or educational CD?
- Was pushing the snooze button and having that extra 9 minutes to sleep the best use of my time or could I have woken up and read a couple pages of a good book?
- Is reading the newspaper that is filled with sensational news and negative information the best use of my time or could I have read a few pages of a good book on self-development?
- Is visiting happy hour every night on my way home the best use of my time or could I have taken my spouse for a romantic dinner?
- Is blundering with no plan through each, the most effective use of my time or could I invest 10 minutes at the end of each day planning my day for tomorrow?
The list goes on and on, it is not difficult to look back over every hour in your day and to very quickly discover, numerous better ways, to have used each one. This simple new hourly habit of examining how you use your time will, in a very short space of time, see you making far better choices, about how you use your most valuable possession.
This is such a simple new habit to include in your success habit set; it is easy to do and takes only a few seconds each hour. Give it a whirl, everyone that has introduced this simple new routine into their day, has very quickly realised that they waste an incredible amount of time, every day. By merely looking back over the previous hour and asking the question “Was that the most effective use of my time” and if it wasn’t then striving to do better in the next hour, will see you improve your efficiency and effectiveness almost instantly. Over time this will add up and you will astound yourself with how much you can actually get done in a day.
As each hour passes, with its successes, mistakes, cares, faults, lessons, blunders, learning, aches and pains it is gone forever. That hour has passed forever, beyond our control, all the money in the world can never bring it back. You can never undo a single act or erase a single word that you spoke. Should something that is so important and can never be repeated, the passing of each hour of our lives be wasted any longer.
Is it wise to continue to waste even a single one, on frivolous activities, which will bring you only small pleasures in the moment? Life is filled with choices, are you going to make wiser choices about how you invest each hour of your life, from this moment on? Live each hour as fully as possible; always investing it as wisely as possible and you will have discovered the secret to living a complete and fulfilling life, filled with love and grace.
Author: Andrew Horton Time Management